Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Private nursing solution - tutorial

When out, I used to breastfeed with a white cloth on my shoulder to hide naked skin but it often fell from there ... so to hold it tight I sewed a "two-sided" clip band that falls around my neck holding the cloth at the level of my chest.







Here comes an easy "drawn" tutorial:


You will need two "clips" and a "belt" ring



A strip of fabric twice as wide as the "belt" ring width (a) so that you are sure the strap made out of it will slide through the ring:



First fold the strip in half, right sides together and sew the open end (lengthwise), I usually leave 0,5 cm of seam allowance. Turn it inside out and press.



Then attach one end of the strap to the "belt" ring as so:




Slide in a clip on the strap-let it loose but pay close attention to have the top of the clip facing the same direction as the top of the "belt" ring, and then insert the strap again in the ring as shown on the figure:


Finally attach the second clip at the other end of the strap as so:


And here is how the final product can be used with any cloth of your choice:

12 comments:

Kerry said...

This is really clever! Thanks for sharing. Love the "drawn" tutorial.

nkitkat said...

Thanks Kerry :-)

twitchy fingers said...

Fantastic! I always thought something like that would be great for holding the bath towel around your neck when trying to get the bub out of the bath too!

nkitkat said...

neat idea!

Kerry said...

It would also be great for meal times... you could use it to turn a napkin or dishcloth into a bib! Can't wait to try this!

nkitkat said...

Hi Kerry, that's a good one thanks! I always have so many problems "attaching" the bib to my baby as he is moving soooo much.... and that would also be a good solution for the washing.. u could use any cloth and not stress if all your bibs are in the washing machine :-)

SagePixie said...

I used to use a thing *just like this* to turn fabric napkins at restaurants into bibs for the kids! I love that this same design can continue to be used for many years
:-)

nkitkat said...

hehe that's smart to use what you had at hand in the restaurant !

TeeRee said...

Excellent idea! This may not be an original idea, but it's original to me and others like me who've never heard of/seen this before. I really appreciate people like you who put it out there and share. Keep em coming!

nkitkat said...

Thanks TeeRee, me too I'm so glad that so many people post their tutorial on the net for free, so though it's not " a wow" tutorial I try to contribute to the knowledge pool of the net :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for this tut! I'm going to make a couple to use as bib clips :) suzanne

Unknown said...

Als Sie für die Aufteilung der Information ....
Geburtstag Ideen